Beef Cashew Curry is my favourite tasty dish. Beef dishes are very tasty and favourite dishes for non-vegetarians. Beef dishes are mainly used by Keralites and we can see different tasty dishes in special occasions such as wedding, birthday and other celebrations. I made many tasty dishes with Beef. I like spicy non-vegetarian dishes. Today, I am going to share very tasty and variety Beef Cashew Curry. This is spicy dish and it also has creamy effect. I made this by using traditional method. I would like to use this with hot plain Rice for lunch. This is having thick gravy with taste and smell of Masala. Grated Coconut and Cashew Nuts Paste can give excellent taste to this dish. This is completely variety taste Beef dish and it will be very special to everyone.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 35 Minutes
Beef - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 2
Shallots - 10
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 2 (1/2 inch lengthy)
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 10
Coriander Seeds - 2 tab spoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cashew Nuts Paste - 1/2 Cup
Cashew Nut - 10
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Cut Beef little bit big and thin square shaped pieces and wash it well with Water and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Shallots and wash well and chop well.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- Heat a pan and add Coriander Seeds and roast it well and take it out from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add Grated Coconut into a pan and roast it until Brown Colour and leave it for sometimes to cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted Coriander Seeds, Grated Coconut, dried Red Chilli, Turmeric Powder, some Curry Leaves, Salt and pour a little Water and make thick and fine paste.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat it well.
- Add Coconut Oil into this and heat well.
- Add Mustard Seeds to this and make it splutter.
- Add Cardamom, Cloves and Cinnamon Sticks and fry well.
- Then add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry it well.
- Add Cashew Nuts into this and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves, chopped Shallots, chopped Onion, Green Chilli pieces and Salt and saute well for sometimes.
- Add Beef Pieces into this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add thick Masala paste into this and saute well for sometimes.
- Pour enough Water to cook and cover it with lid and cook it well.
- Leave it for sometimes to release pressure completely.
- Then boil it well under medium flame and add Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well and make it thick as desired.
- Add Cashew Nuts Paste into this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Appam, Chapati and Rice.
- You can roast Dried Red Chilli to make Masala paste.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil instead Coconut Oil.
- You can use Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Seeds Powder instead Coriander Seeds and dried Red Chilli.
- To get good taste use chopper Tomato.