Yogurt curry is very tasty dish and it can be made in different ways. It is one special christian traditional dish and usually they are serving it for their wedding celebrations. In my home we have made it so many times because all in my family like this very much. I am using this as the side dish with hot plain Rice for lunch. We can make it by adding raw Banana, Colocasia, Cucumber and Ash Gourd, ripe Banana, Ripe Mango and Ripe Pineapple. It can make without grated Coconut also. Today I made it with natural and healthy Colocasia which is there in my home. This is very tasty and healthy dish and it is super combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. This is medium spicy dish and it can make very easily at home. This will be thick with attractive natural Yellow colour. This recipe is very useful to anyone who likes spicy less dishes and it is very suitable for kids also. This dish is also serving as the side dish for Vishu, Onam. I am really happy to share to all. It is very simple and easy method so everyone can make it with limited ingredients. Let us enjoy with this tasty and special dish.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Colocasia - 3
Garlic Cloves - 2
Green Chilli - 2
White Bird's Eye Chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Yogurt - 2 Cups
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Remove the peel of Colocasia and wash well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Garlic and wash well.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it as small pieces.
- Wash White Bird's Eye Chilli and keeps it aside.
- Pour Yogurt in a bowl and mash it well with a spoon and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Turmeric Powder, Garlic, chopped Green Chilli, White Bird's Eye Chilli, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Salt and enough Water and make it thick paste.
- In a pan, add Colocasia pieces and Salt and pour enough Water to cook.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame.
- Add grated Coconut paste into this and mix well and boil it well.
- Add mashed thick Yogurt into this and stir well for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire when it starts to boil and add Coconut Oil to this and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice for lunch.
- You can splutter Mustard Seeds in Coconut Oil if you need.
- To increase the taste and smell fry dried Red Chilli and Curry Leaves.
- Colocasia should not overcook so pour enough Water to cook.
- You have to select Yogurt with less sour taste to make this dish.