Snacks items are the favourite item for each and every one in this world so I need not to explain its important in our life. Eating something became habit for many people and they are spending a lot of money for buying different snacks from shops. So many are interested to have fried snacks such as Onion Fritters, Banana Fritters, Banana Chips, Potato Chips and Jackfruit Chips. But we have to use healthy and homemade snacks in the evening. These types of artificial fried snacks are very harmful to our health but we can't get that much tastes from our natural snacks. Now a day many new diseases are coming day by day because of these tasty artificial snacks. So we have to give importance to homemade and natural chemical free food. If we are ready to give some time to spend for making good food we can make very tasty food from our home itself.
I am going to share one tasty and healthy snack recipe through this article. Its main ingredients are Rice Flour and Ripe Banana. We can make it very easily with limited ingredients. I like this snack very much so I am making this in my home. It will have the flavours of Vanilla Essence and Cumin Seeds. I made it thin and it is very useful to everyone including children. This is completely healthy and natural snack.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 15 Minutes
Rice Flour - 1 Cup
Ripe Banana - 3
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Water - Required for making.
- Put Raw Rice in a grinder and make it powder and put it in a pan and roast it well and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of Ripe Banana and cut it as small pieces.
- Put it in a blender and pour a little Water and make it thick and fine paste.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, Salt and some Water and make thick and fine paste.
- In a big container or pot add roasted Rice Flour and thick Coconut Paste and mix well with hands.
- Add Ripe Banana paste little by little and mix well.
- Then add Honey, Butter and Vanilla Essence and mix all well together and make dough (Add Water in between until get soft and thick dough).
- Make small balls like lemon from this dough and roll it in a Chapati roll and cut it as square shaped pieces (As shown in the picture) with a knife.
- Heat a frying pan and add these square pieces one by one and cook both sides well.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it hot with hot Tea.
- You can use any type of Banana. I used Robusta Banana to get good smell and taste.
- Use Sugar to get sweet instead Honey but Honey helps to get healthy snack.
- Butter is an optional ingredient so avoid it if you don't want.
- Don't add too much Water when make dough so try to add enough Water to make perfect snack.
- It is better to use hot otherwise it will become hard.
- You can add Cardamom Powder instead Vanilla Essence.
|Healthy and Tasty Banana Snack|