Everyone has tasted different types of Fish curry from different places. Some places will have their own special method to prepare fish curry. Taste of fish curry will be changed based on the method we followed. i also tasted many fish curries in my life and today I am going to give you a special and tasty Kottayam Style Spicy Fish curry. This is very tasty Fish curry and I followed Kottayam style to make this curry. Kottayam district is very popular for tasty food. We can get many Kottayam style non-vegetarian dishes in hotels. Mainly they are making dishes by using traditional methods. We can use this fish curry daily basis. This is very spicy dish and I followed completely traditional method to make this dish. I made it very thick and it is an excellent combination with hot Rice for lunch. Kottayam district is becoming famous day by day because of its tasty traditional dishes. Fenugreek Seeds flavour is the main flavour of this dish. We can use any type of fish for making this dish. Today, I made it with very tasty King Fish. Try to make this tasty dish and get new tasty experience.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
King Fish - 1/2 kg
Shallots - 15
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Gambooge - 4 Pieces
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Clean and wash King Fish well and cut it as thin and round shaped pieces.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Sock Gambooge in 1/4 cup Water in a pot and add a little Salt and leave it for sometimes.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- Add Fenugreek Seeds to this and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves to this and stir well.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped Shallots, Green Chilli and Salt and saute well for 3 minutes.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and saute well for sometimes.
- Add socked Gambooge and pour Water as required and Salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and boil it well.
- Add Fish pieces into this and mix well once and cook it under high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then cook it well under medium flame and make it thick as desired.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice and Chapati.