Raisins Chutney is one sweet Chutney which is made by Raisins. It is very tasty to have and it can make very easily at home. I got this recipe from my best friend Mini and I tasted it from her first and we both were working together at that time. I didn't know about this Chutney earlier. I was using Raisins to making Cake, Payasam and Puddings. I was so exited when I heard about this Chutney. I love the dishes those have mixed taste of spice, sour and sweet. We can get different types of sweets from market with this mixed taste and it can give us freshness feel. I followed the same method which I got from my friend and I am really happy to share this new taste to all. We can use it as the side dish with Dosa and Idly for Breakfast. It is also an excellent combination with Chicken Biriyani, Fish Biriyani, Egg Biriyani, Fried Rice and Vegetable Rice. Usually we are making sweet Chutney with Dates and Beetroot so this can give you a new and fresh experience. I used White Vinegar to get Sour taste. This is very thick and has creamy texture. If you need to store for long days keep it in dried bottles.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 10 Minutes
Raisins - 250 gm
Garlic Cloves - 10
Chopped Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 5
White Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
White Vinegar - 1/4 Cup
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Vegetable Oil - 1 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
- Wash Raisins well and put it in a bowl and pour White Vinegar into this and add pieces of dried Red Chilli and mix well.
- Then leave it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the peel of Garlic and wash it well and cut it as small pieces.
- In a grinder, Raisins, Garlic pieces, chopped Ginger, dried Red Chilli pieces, White Pepper Powder, Salt to taste and White Vinegar and make it thick paste.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a pan and add Raisins paste into this and mix well and saute well for 3 minutes.
- To this add Honey and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and serve it hot in a serving bowl with Dosa and Idly.
- You can use Red Chilli Powder instead Dried Red Chilli but dried Red Chilli can give good taste.
- Use Jaggery Syrup to get sweet instead Honey and try to use strained syrup.
- Use Black Pepper Powder instead White Pepper Powder.
- You can adjust the quantity of Garlic, Ginger and dried Red Chilli as per your taste.
- To increase the tastes of this Chutney sock both Raisins and Dried Red Chilli in White Vinegar for long hours.
- You can keep it for 2 weeks if you keep it in dried bottles and it can store for 1 month if you keep it in a refrigerator.