I would like to share another tasty and sweet payasam today which is called as Robusta Banana Creamy Paysam. We can make Banana Payasam very tasty with Coconut Milk. It can be used hot or cold dessert as per our preferences. This can make as the special dessert for traditional celebrations such as Vishu and Onam. Everyone knows how to make payasam and its preparation is really easy. We can make this tasty dessert with limited ingredients. This payasam will have creamy effect and I made it by using Robusta Banana. Robusta Banana has very good taste and smell. I made this special payasam for celebrating my mother's birthday. This is my first experience but it became successful. Condensed Milk, Almond Powder and Cashew But powder are giving good taste and creamy texture for this dessert. Banana payasam is very popular because of its taste. I would like to have it hot. Let us celebrate our special day with this tasty and sweet dessert.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Decoration - Fried Peanuts and Fried Coconut Pieces.
Robusta Banana - 1/2 kg
Almond Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cashew Nut Powder - 1 teaspoon
Condensed Milk - 1/4 Cup
Sugar - 2 tab spoon
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 2 Cups
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 3 tab spoon
Peanuts - 20
Coconut Pieces - 1/4 Cup
- Remove the peel of Robusta Banana and cut it as small pieces and put it in a blender.
- Add 1/4 cup medium thick Coconut Milk to this and blend well until smooth and soft.
- Pour it in a bowl or pot and keep it aside.
- Heat Ghee in a sauce pan and add Peanuts to this and fry it.
- Take it from Ghee and put it in a bowl.
- Add Coconut Pieces into Ghee and fry well and keep it with fried Peanuts.
- Add blended Robusta Banana into the remaining Ghee and saute well for 5 minutes under medium flame.
- To this add Almond Powder and Cashew Nut Powder and mix well.
- Add Condensed Milk after that and mix well together.
- Then add Sugar to this and mix well.
- Pour remaining medium thick Coconut Milk into this mix well.
- Boil it well and make it thick as you desired.
- Add Thick Coconut Milk to this and mix well.
- Add Cumin Seeds Powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and add fried Peanuts and Coconut Pieces and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it hot or cold.
- You have to choose sweet and well Ripe Robusta Banana to make this payasam.
- You can use Cow Milk instead of Coconut Milk. Fat less Milk is healthier.
- Jaggery Syrup is also useful to get sweet to this.
- To increase tastes of this dessert add fried Raisins and Cashew Nuts.
- You can use dried Ginger Powder instead of using Cumin Seeds Powder.
- Use Butter to make this instead of using Ghee.