Chapati is very famous and popular in the world and it is mainly used to have at the time of dinner. Keralites were using only Rice for dinner 10 years ago but now 50% has been changed from Rice to Chapati for dinner. Chapati has a lot of health benefits so it became one important fact of our life. Mainly it is helping to reduce weight and it is scientifically proved. Health conscious people are using Chapati to get its health benefits. In North India, it is also known as Roti and they are the main consumers of Chapati. Everyone would like to have Chapati daily basis but so many people are facing difficulties to make it properly. Sometimes we can't get soft and round shaped Chapati so we can't get its exact taste. I was also facing the same situation first time but I tried it again and again and I got soft and round shaped Chapati by practicing. We can make it very easily at home with practicing. I am making t when I get free time and I would like to have as breakfast and Dinner. I like Chapati with Fish curry and Chicken curry. If you need to reduce weight use it with any vegetable dishes. To get healthy Chapati use only Wheat Flour to make this. Chapati contains proteins and fibers and it is better to use hot.
Preparation Time - 5 Minutes
Waiting Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 10 Minutes
Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Olive Oil - 2 teaspoon
Hot Water - Required For Cooking
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Take a big bowl and put Wheat Flour and Salt into this and mix it well with a spoon.
- Pour Olive Oil into this and mix well with hand.
- Pour hot Water little by little and mix well with hand until get smooth and soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with lid and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, open the bowl and divide the dough into small equal sized portions like a lemon (it will be depends on the quantity of Wheat Flour).
- Take a Chapati roller and dust it with some Wheat Flour.
- Roll each portion of dough thin as you desired or as much you can and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan and heat it well and place one rolled dough on it and cook both sides well.
- Similarly do it for remaining portion of rolled dough and make soft and thin Chapati.
- Serve it in a serving bowl with any dishes such as Chicken Curry, Beef Curry, Fish Curry and Vegetable Masala.
- You can make Chapati with equal portion of both Wheat Flour and All Purpose Flour. But yo get healthy Chapati use only Wheat Flour.
- You can use any refined Oil instead Olive Oil. It will be soft if don't use any Oil.
- To increase the tastes of Chapati use Hot Milk instance Hot Water.
- You can spread some Oil on frying pan before cooking it.
- It will be hard if you keep it in pan for long time.
- Don't dust too much Wheat Flour on the Chapati roller.