Spicy Lemon Chicken is my grandmother's special and she was making it monthly once so I could use it when I go there. But I didn't know about its ingredients and cooking method at that time. Just I got some special variety feelings at that time so I requested my mother to make this dish but she did not know about this recipe. I got this recipe details from my grandmother so I made this dish so many times in my home. Everyone in my family like this dish very much so I am really happy to share this through this article. I would like to make variety tasty Chicken dish. I will be very happy when I make different Chicken dishes. According to me Chicken is one good item to try new recipes and it will be available in everywhere at anytime. I like the dishes which is having mixed taste of spice, sour and sweet taste. I am getting entirely different feelings when I use this types of dishes but I can't express its effect by words so I requested you to try these types of dishes. This dish can be made in different ways and it is mainly prepared by North Indians. This is not that much popular in Kerala houses but it is there in many hotels in Kerala. It is very popular in Punjab and Kashmir. But here I made it entirely different from that because I used traditional method. It is having thick gravy and also has creamy effect. Lemon flavour is giving refreshment. Its main tastes are Cumin Seeds, Ginger and Lemon.
Preparation Time - 25 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Lemon Pieces
Chicken - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 2 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice - 3 tab spoon
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Vegetable Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Clean Chicken well and cut it as small pieces and wash it well with Water for 2or 3 times and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and cut it as small pieces.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it thin and round shaped pieces.
- Put Chicken pieces in a pot and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, 2 tab spoon Lemon Juice and Salt to taste and marinate well and cover it with lid and keep it in a refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Heat a pan and heat Vegetable Oil in it and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add Cumin Seeds into this and fry it well.
- Then add chopped Ginger and Curry Leaves and fry it well.
- Then add Green Chilli pieces and saute well.
- Add chopped Onion and Salt to taste and saute well until Onion get Brown colour.
- Add marinated Chicken into this and mix well.
- Pour enough Water to cook and cover it with lid and cook it well and make it thick as desired.
- Add remaining 1 tab spoon Lemon Juice into this and boil it well.
- Add Honey into this and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it hot with fried Rice, Ghee Rice and steamed Rice.
- To get variety taste and smell add Coriander Leaves instead Curry Leaves.
- Honey is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't want.
- It would be Better if use boneless Chicken to make Lemon Chicken.
- You can use some Garlic with Ginger to get good taste.
- To get creamy effect add a little Yogurt.
- To get good taste and smell add a little Garam Masala Powder.
- You can use any Oil or Butter to make this dish.
- You have to use it hot or immediately after preparation to get exact taste.
- You have to use strained Lemon Juice to make this dish.