Tawa Fish fry is very famous and tasty dish. We can fry by using different method but Tawa Fish fry is tastier than other fries. We are using very less quantity of Coconut Oil for this fry. In this dish, Inside should be well cooked and outside should be fried. I have made many types of fish fries but here I am going to show new and variety fish fry through this article. Its taste will increase when we cook it in open and closed frying pan. I think this will be known by everybody because it is there in many hotels as special dish. You can make this fry with any types of fishes which you like but here I used Mackerel Fish for making this because it is my favourite fish among fishes. This is medium spicy Fish fry and I used only natural ingredients to make this special fry. This is super combination with hot plain Rice for Lunch and I used this with Rice and Sambar. This is very tasty and healthy dish and it can make very easily at home.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Marination Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Mackerel Fish - 500 gm
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Shallots Paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 4 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to marinate.
- Clean and wash Mackerel Fish and cut both head and tail.
- Cut it as medium sized pieces and make slits on both sides and keep it aside.
- Put Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Shallots Paste, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Curry Leaves Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Lime Juice and Salt and mix well.
- Pour enough Water to this and make thick paste.
- Marinate Fish pieces with this thick paste and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat Coconut Oil in a frying pan and put Fish pieces one by one to this .
- Cover it with lid and cook one side for 5 minutes.
- Pour some Coconut Oil on this and cook it other side for 5 minutes under medium flame.
- Then open the pan and cook both sides well and fry as desired.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with Curry Leaves and serve it with hot plain rice for lunch.
- Use any Fish to make this fry.
- Two sides of Fish should cook and fry well so adjust the flame as you desired but don't cook it under high flame.
- Add enough Water to get thick gravy otherwise it can't Marinate well.
- You can use some Plain Flour to get perfect Fish fry.
- You can use Vinegar instead of using Lime Juice.