Tomato Cashew Nut Masala is one tasty dish and tasted it from one hotel which is located in Bangalore. I used it as the side dish with Chapati in the evening. Its taste was really amazing so I decided to make it from home. But here I made little bit changes from that so its taste also is little bit different. They have added fresh Coriander Leaves but here I used Curry Leaves so it became as Kerala Style dish. But Coriander Leaves can give another flavour and freshness. This is spicy less and thick gravy masala curry. It also has the special flavour of Cashew Nut and creamy effects. It is an excellent combination with Chapati and Bread. This is completely vegetarian dish and it can make very easily t home. I like Tomato dishes very much and all dishes of this vegetable are really good and tasty. Tomato can be used as the combination with Chicken, Beef and Fish. This masala dish has the mixed taste of sour and spice and also has the flavour of masala. This dish is entirely different from other Tomato dish.
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Tomato - 5
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Garlic Paste - 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger Paste - 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon Stick - 1 (1/2 inch lengthy)
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 3
Coriander Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cashew Nut - 1/4 Cup
Vegetable Oil - 1 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Wash Tomato well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it well.
- Sock Cashew Nut in Water for 5 minutes.
- In a grinder, add chopped Green Chilli, Turmeric Powder, Dried Red Chilli, Coriander Seeds, socked Cashew Nuts, Salt, some Curry Leaves and a little Water and make thick paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Vegetable Oil into this and heat well.
- Add Cardamom, Cinnamon Sticks and Cloves and saute and fry well.
- Then add Ginger Paste and Garlic Paste and saute well for sometimes.
- Add sliced Tomato, sliced Onion and Salt to taste and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add Cashew Nut masala paste into this and saute it well for 2 minutes.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and cover it with lid and cook it well under medium flame.
- Make it this as desired and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with Curry Leaves and serve it with Chapati, Bread and Appam.