Stir fry is very simple and easy recipe and it is famous and tasty Kerala style dish. It can be made by any vegetable which we like. Today, I made one tasty stir fry which is made by Cauliflower stir fry. Cauliflower dishes will be tasty always. This is completely a traditional dish and I used very natural Cauliflower which is there in my home.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Cauliflower - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Put Cauliflower pieces in a pot and add Water and Salt into this and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wash it well with Water for 3 times and chop it well.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it as thin and round shape pieces.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Turmeric Powder, Cumin Seeds, chopped Onion, Curry Leaves, Salt and some Water and crush well.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- To this add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves and Green Chilli pieces and fry well.
- Then add chopped Cauliflower into this and add Salt to taste and saute well for sometimes.
- Add crushed Grated Coconut mixture into this and saute well for 3 minutes.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and cover it with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when Water evaporates completely and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with steamed Rice and Chapati.
- Cumin Seeds is optional ingredient so use it if you need.
- To get some Red colour stir fry use some Red Chilli Powder.
- You can fry Cumin Seeds instead crush it with Coconut.
- Black Pepper Powder also can use instead Green Chilli.
- Its taste will increase if use only Shallots instead Onion.
- You have to sock Cauliflower pieces in Water for sometimes before cooking.
- To get good colour and freshness sock it in Vinegar or Lime Juice.