Chettinad Egg curry is one of the popular dish in South Indian Cuisine. It is having good taste and smell. Chettinad dishes are very famous and it is there in many hotels. By using this method, we can make Chicken and Fish curry. It is also making in many houses because of its taste and smell. But many people have not tasted it still. I made Egg curry by using Chettinad style which is very easy process. It can be used as the side dish with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Its main speciality is that it is very thick which contains creamy effect. It is medium spicy dish so it can be very useful for everyone including children. I have made this in my house many times and I got this recipe from my aunt. I was searching the recipe of new variety tasty Egg dish so I became very happy when I got this method. All ingredients are common ingredients for non-vegetarian dishes. Here, I used very good and tasty masala paste. This method is entirely different from other methods. Its main flavours are Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Garlic and Ginger. Let us enjoy with this super Egg curry today.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Egg - 5
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom Pods - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 small piece
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 6
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Poppy Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Take a pot or pan and pour Water to this and boil it well.
- Add some Salt into this when it boils well and add Eggs into this.
- Cover it with lid and cook or boil it well and keep Eggs into cold Water for sometimes and remove its shell and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it well.
- Sock Poppy Seeds in Water for 10 minutes.
- Take a pan and add Coriander Seeds into this and roast it well and remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add Grated Coconut into this pan and roast it until Brown colour.
- Add dried Red Chili into this and roast it well and remove these both from pan and keep it aside.
- Add Cardamom pods, Cloves, Cinnamon Stick, Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds and Cumin Seeds and roast well.
- In a grinder, add roasted Grated Coconut, dried Red chilli, Coriander Seeds, Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Cardamom pods, Cloves and Cinnamon Stick and pour some Water and make it paste.
- To this add chopped Ginger, chopped Garlic, Turmeric Powder, socked Poppy Seeds and enough Salt and make it thick and fine paste.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil into this.
- Add sliced Onion and Salt to taste and saute well until Brown colour.
- Then add chopped Tomato into this and saute well.
- Add masala paste to this and saute well till Oil come on the top.
- Pour enough Water into this and mix well.
- Turn down the fire when it boils well.
- Then add boiled Eggs to this and mix all well.
- Cover the pan and boil well and make it thick as desired.
- Turn off the fire and serve it in a serving bowl with Chapati, Appam, Bread and Rice.
- Black Pepper is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't want.
- To get good taste and thickness use Cashew Nut paste.
- You can use Shallots instead Onion.
- You can use Green Chilli if you need.
- Use any vegetable Oil instead Coconut Oil.
- Add some Curry Leaves if you want.
- To get nice smell and taste use some fresh Coriander Leaves.