Chicken Liver is one favourite item for many people but so many people don't use it. I like Chicken Liver dishes so I went to super market to buy this. It is really tasty so I am using it when I get this. But Chicken Liver is not that much healthy because it causes many diseases so don't use it on daily basis. But it will not affect our health if use it sometimes. Its taste is amazing when making roast, fry and Masala with this. I can't express its taste by words. Chicken Liver is very soft so it can use by kids also. Here, I made Chicken Liver Masala. I used only traditional ingredients for making this. It is very easy to make because it doesn't have that much cooking time. I made it completely traditional dish with Coconut Oil. Jamaican Pepper Leaf that I used here is super combination with non-vegetarian dishes. It can help to get good taste and smell for non-vegetarian dishes. It is made by mixing Onion, Tomato and Lime Juice. It is having the mixed taste and smell of Fennel Seeds Powder, Jamaican Pepper Leaf and Garam Masala Powder.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Jamaican Pepper Leaf
Chicken Liver - 500 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 2 teaspoon
Jamaican Pepper Leaves - 2
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Clean Chicken Liver well and cut it as small pieces and wash it well 2 or 3 times and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it.
- Put Chicken Liver in a pan and add Turmeric Powder, Jamaican Pepper leaves, Salt and enough Water for cooking and cover it with lid and cook it well under medium flame and make it dry and keep it aside.
- Heat another pan and heat Coconut Oil in it.
- Add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry well.
- Then add chopped Shallots into this and make it fry well.
- Add chopped Onion and Salt to taste and saute well until light Brown colour.
- Then add chopped Tomato and saute well.
- Add Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and saute well until remove the raw smell.
- To this add cooked and dried Chicken Liver and mix well.
- Cover it and cook it well for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- To this add Lime Juice and Garam Masala Powder and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fresh Jamaican Pepper Leaf and serve it with Chapati, Bread and Appam.
- It will be very tasty if use only Shallots instead Onion.
- You can use Vinegar instead Lime Juice.
- Its taste will increase if add some Curry Leaves.
- You can splutter Mustard Seeds in Coconut Oil if you need.
- Don't add too much Salt while making Chicken Liver because it can absorb salt very fast.
- Chicken Liver doesn't have more cooking time so need not to use pressure cooker for cooking it.
- You can add Cumin Seeds Powder instead Fennel Seeds Powder.
- Black Pepper Powder is also useful instead Red Chilli Powder.