Cauliflower dishes are very tasty and it is mainly used by vegetarians. It is also known as Gobi and it is very popular everywhere. North Indians are using Cauliflower dishes very much. It is very useful to make many dishes and snacks. I am going to share very tasty Cauliflower fry through this article. In my home, we are not using Cauliflower dishes that much because my mother is not interested to make dishes with this. But I like Cauliflower dishes very much and I taste many dishes with this when I stayed in Bangalore. We can get many dishes with this in Bangalore so it became one favourite item for me. So decided to make dish with this today. You can make this dish by using many methods as per your taste. I used one method which I like very much. It is medium spicy dish and also has crispness. I followed traditional method to make this stir fry. You have to clean Cauliflower before cooking. Many people don't know how to clean it. Let us enjoy with this tasty dish.
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Cauliflower - 500 gm
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Tomato - 1
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 3 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Take Cauliflower and remove its leaves and cut each flower as small pieces.
- Pour Water in a pot and add Salt and a little Turmeric Powder and mix well.
- Put Cauliflower pieces into this Water and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, Wash it well with Water 3 times and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it thin and round shape.
- Wash Tomato well and slice it lengthy.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil into this and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add chopped Garlic into this and saute and fry well.
- Then add chopped Shallots and fry it well.
- Add Curry Leaves, Green Chilli pieces and sliced Tomato and mix well.
- Then add chopped Onion and Salt and saute well until get Brown colour.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and saute well for sometimes.
- Add Cauliflower pieces into this and add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and cover it with lid and cook it well and make it dry.
- Pour 2 tab spoon Coconut Oil little by little and mix well.
- Add Black Pepper Powder into this and mix well.
- Saute well under medium flame and make it fry as desired.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder to this and mix well for a minute.
- Turn off the fire and mix well and put it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with Chapati, Appam and Rice.
- You can sock Cauliflower in Salt and Water for 1 hour.
- To get crispness add some Cornflour.
- To get good taste and smell add a little Lime Juice.
- You can use any any vegetable Oil instead Coconut Oil.
- Its taste will increase if you add only Shallots instead Onion.
- You can add spices based on your taste.
- You can make this fry with Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder.
- To get exact taste of this dish use it immediately after preparation.