Today, I would like to share another tasty Chicken dish through this article that is called as Tomato Onion Chicken curry. Chicken is widely using for making variety dishes and it is very useful to try new dishes. Chicken dishes are always tasty so it became favourite for everyone. Chicken and its dishes are highly demanded item in everywhere because of its usage. It is very soft meat which can cook very easily and its price is comparatively less. I have made many Chicken dishes at my home. Lemon Chicken, Chicken Kabab, Chicken Roast, Chicken Masala and Chicken fry are my favourite dishes. Tomato Onion Chicken curry is one Delicious dish which is made by Chicken, Tomato and Onion.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Tomato Slices
Chicken - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 2 ( 1/2 inch lengthy)
Onion - 3
Tomato - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Clean Chicken well and wash well and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add chopped Onion, chopped Tomato, Salt and pour a little Water and make thick paste.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry well.
- Then add Cardamon and Cinnamon Stick and fry well.
- Add Onion and Tomato paste into this and saute well until Oil comes up.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and White Pepper Powder and saute well.
- Then add cleaned and washed Chicken pieces and add Salt to taste and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and cover it and cook it for 10 minutes under high flame.
- Then cook Chicken well under low flame and make it thick as desired.
- Add Cumin Seeds into this and mix well and turn off the fire after 1 minutes.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with Tomato slices and serve it hot with Bread, Appam and Chapati.
- To get better taste and smell add Cloves.
- You can saute chopped Tomato in Coconut Oil before making paste.
- Its taste will increase based on the quantity of Onion.
- Black Pepper Powder also useful instead White Pepper Powder.
- You can use dried Red Chilli and Coriander Seeds instead Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil instead Coconut Oil.
- To get good taste splutter Mustard Seeds if you need.
- To remove the bad smell of Chicken Wash it with Lime Juice or Vinegar and also it helps to get good smell and freshness.
- You have to make thick Gravy when make this dish.