Traditional Chicken roast is one tasty dish which is made by Chicken. This dish is having thick and spicy gravy. All ingredients that I have used here are very tasty and traditional so this is completely traditional dish. This is my grandmother special dish. This recipe will be very useful for everyone especially who likes Chicken dishes very much. Traditional dishes are very tasty always. These types of dishes are very spicy but it will healthy comparing other dishes. You have to use Coconut Oil to get traditional taste. It can be used as the side dish with breakfast, lunch and dinner. This dish contains the sour taste of Tomato and the mixed taste of both Onion and Shallots. It will have very good smell of Ginger, Garlic, Garam Masala Powder and Cumin Seeds Powder. This is completely traditional Kerala style dish that I have made many times in my home. Let us enjoy with this tasty traditional Chicken roast.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Chicken - 500 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Shallots - 10
Tomato - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Clean Chicken well and cut it as medium sized pieces and wash it well for 3 times and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Shallots and slice it thin.
- Wash Tomato and Green Chilli well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Then add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry well.
- Add Curry Leaves and chopped Green Chilli and saute well until fry.
- Add sliced Onion and Shallots to this and add Salt to taste and saute well until Brown colour.
- Then add chopped Tomato and saute well.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute well to remove raw smell.
- Add cleaned and washed Chicken pieces and enough Salt and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Pour Water for cooking and cover it and cook it half under medium flame.
- Pour Coconut Milk into this and cook it well under low flame without cover the pan.
- Make it thick as desired and add Garam Masala Powder and Cumin Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and serve it hot with Bread, Chapati, Appam and Rice.
- To remove the bad smell of Chicken wash it with Lime Juice or Vinegar.
- Use medium sized Chicken pieces to make this dish.
- You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste.
- Fennel Seeds Powder is useful instead Cumin Seeds Powder.
- Use thick Coconut Milk for this dish.
- Pour enough Water for cooking Chicken half.
- To get better taste and smell use some chopped Coriander Leaves.
- You can use only Shallots instead Onion.