Chicken Liver is very soft Liver that has very less cooking time. We need not to use pressure cooker to cook it. We can make Chicks Liver dishes within 20 minutes. This Chicken Liver Tomato roast is looking very attractive and it has the mixed taste of both sour and spices. Chicken Liver contains Calcium and Protein so it is very useful for anyone who is having anemia. It helps to gain body weight. Chicken Liver dishes can not store for long time so use it immediately after cooking. I like Chicken Liver so I made it very tasty with limited ingredients. Its main flavours are Garam Masala Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder. Tomato and Green Chilli paste is giving special taste to this dish. Serve it hot with Chapati and appam.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Tomato, Onion and Green Chilli
Chicken Liver - 500 gm
Garlic Cloves - 5
Tomato - 2
Green Chilli - 5
Onion - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup
Vegetable Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Clean Chicken Liver well and cut it as small pieces and wash it well for 3 times and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Garlic Cloves and wash well and slice lengthy.
- Wash Tomato and Green Chilli well and chop well.
- In a grinder, add chopped Tomato, chopped Green Chilli, some Curry Leaves and a little Water and make thick and fine paste.
- Add Grated Coconut in a grinder and add some Salt and Water and make paste.
- Heat a pan and heat Vegetable Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add Garlic Cloves to this and fry it.
- Then add chopped Shallots and saute well until fry.
- Add Curry Leaves into this and fry well.
- Add Tomato Green Chilli paste into this and saute well until remove raw smell.
- Then add sliced Onion to this and saute well until get Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and White Pepper Powder and saute well until remove raw smell.
- Add Chicken Liver pieces into this and add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and cover it and cook it well under medium flame.
- To this add Grated Coconut paste and mix well.
- Cover it again and cook it until Water evaporates completely.
- Add Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl and decorate with Tomato, Onion and Green Chilli.
- Serve it hot with Chapati and Appam.
- You have to clean Chicken Liver before cook and use a little Lime Juice to remove the bad smell.
- Chicken Liver doesn't have more cooking time so don't add too much Water for cooking.
- You have to choose Red colour and well ripe Tomato.
- Its taste will increase if add a little Coconut Milk for cooking.
- Use Coconut Oil instead Vegetable Oil.
- You can use Cumin Seeds Powder instead Fennel Seeds Powder.
- To increase taste and smell add some Coriander Leaves.