Drumstick is one of the healthy vegetables that is available in everywhere. It is looking very attractive with Green Colour and lengthy. Its price will change based on season. Drumstick will be there in every house in Kerala and it is there in my home also. It is the main vegetable for Onam and Vishu celebrations. We can make many dishes with this tasty vegetable. Today, I made one tasty Drumstick dish that is made in Coconut Milk. I used completely traditional method to make this dish.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Drumsticks - 250 gm
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 piece (1/2 inch lengthy)
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Remove Green colour peel of Drumsticks little bit and cut both sides and cut it 2 inch lengthy and wash it well.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and splutter Mustard seeds.
- Add chopped Shallots into this and fry it.
- Then add both Cloves and Cinnamon Powder and fry well.
- Add Curry Leaves into this and saute well.
- Add chopped Tomato into this and saute well for sometimes.
- Then add sliced Onion and Salt and saute well until light Brown colour.
- To this add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute well until remove raw smell.
- Add Drumstick pieces into this and add enough Salt and mix well.
- Pour medium thick Coconut Milk and a little Water and cover it and cook it well under medium flame and make it thick.
- Add Thick Coconut Milk into this and turn off the fire when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice, Chapati and Bread.
- To increase the tastes of this dish roast Masala powders in Coconut Oil or do dry roast.
- To get thickness use roasted grated Coconut paste.
- Try to use well ripe Tomato for making this.
- You can use dried Red Chillies, Coriander Seeds and Black Pepper instead powders.
- Don't use too much Water for cooking it. Use more medium thick Coconut Milk if need more quantity gravy.
- Use some Garam Masala powder to get good flavour.
- Use medium sized Drumsticks to get good taste.