Fish curry is one favourite dishes for Keralites so we are using many fishes to make fish curry. But here I am going to show you one vegetable dish which is made as same as fish curry. This dish will be very helpful to everyone. Here, I made it by using natural ingredients to make this. This is super combination with hot Rice and Chapati. Its taste is same as fish curry so I give this name for this dish. It is having the mixed taste of Tomato, Grated Coconut and Garlic.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Raw Banana - 250 gm
Tomato - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Shallots - 10
Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Powder - 1 Pinch
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Gambooge - 2 Pieces
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Peel the skin of Raw Banana and wash well and cut it as square shaped pieces.
- Wash both Tomato and Green Chilli and chop well.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add chopped Tomato, chopped Shallots,chopped Green Chilli, Grated Coconut, some Curry Leaves, Salt and enough Water and make it thick and fine paste.
- Wash Gambooge well and cut it as small pieces and sock it in Water for sometimes.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a heat pan and splutter Mustard seeds.
- Add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic into this and fry well.
- Add Curry Leaves into this and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Fenugreek Powder and saute well until remove the raw smell.
- Then add Grated Coconut paste into this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Pour enough Water for cooking and add socked Gambooge with Water and add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Add Raw Banana pieces into this when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and make it thick as desired.
- Turn off the fire and serve it in a serving bowl with hot Rice and Chapati.
- You can add Drumstick also to make this dish.
- You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste.
- Add some Black Pepper Powder to get spice.
- You can make it without Coconut but Coconut can give thickness and taste.
- To get the exact taste of this dish don't overcook Raw Banana.
- You can use lukewarm Water for sock Gambooge.