Instant Rasam can be made very easily as its name. It can make by using many methods, here I made it with Tomato. It is mainly used as the side dish with hot Rice for lunch and dinner. It is very useful to improve digestion process so many people are using it after food. Rasam is having loose consistency and that is the main different of this dish from other dishes. It can make with less ingredients but taste is really good. Some people don't like Rasam but almost everyone like this very much. It is mainly using as the side dish for Kerala Hindu wedding, Onam and Vishu. Its main flavours are Cumin Seeds and Garlic.
Preparation Time - 5 Minutes
Cooking Time - 15 Minutes
Tomato - 2
Garlic Cloves - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Seasame Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Wash Tomato well and chop it well.
- Peel the skin of Garlic and wash it well.
- In a grinder, add Garlic, Cumin Seeds, Black Pepper and crush it well.
- In a blender, add chopped Tomato and pour a little Water and make thick paste.
- Heat a pan and heat Seasame Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add crushed Garlic, Cumin Seeds and Black Pepper and fry it.
- Add Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder into this and saute well until remove raw smell.
- Then add Tomato paste to this and saute well for 3 minutes.
- Add Salt to taste and mix well and pour Water for cooking.
- Cover it and cook well and make it thick as desired.
- Add Asafoetida Powder into this and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Serve it in a serving bowl with hot Rice.
- You can make it with Tomato pieces instead Tomato paste.
- Adjust the quantity of Garlic and Cumin Seeds as per your taste.
- To get good smell and taste use some Fennel Seeds powder.
- Use Coconut Oil instead Seasame Oil.
- Use Tamarind Pulp if Tomato doesn't have enough sour taste.
- Pour Water based on the thickness you need.
- Use some Curry Leaves if you need.
- To get freshness feel use some Coriander Leaves.