Jackfruit is very good fruit which will be available in summer season. Everyone likes this ripe jackfruit because it is very tasty and sweet fruit. Ripe jackfruit will be available with yellow and orange colour. It is mainly used by south Indians because they are cultivating this in their home. We are using both raw and ripe jackfruit to make tasty dishes. Jackfruit dishes are really tasty and healthy. In this article, I would like to share steamed jackfruit rice cake which is made by ripe jackfruit. It is very tasty and healthy because we are steaming it in a steamer. It is very simple and easy method. It is very sweet which contains the flavour and taste of cardamom powder and cumin seeds. It can use as an evening snack and it is better combination with hot tea. It is very useful when we tired or coming back from school and office. It is very healthy and natural snack so we can use it without any fear. I like this very much and I was using it since my child hood. This is very old recipe and traditional snack. I am really happy to share this recipe details to everyone. It is looking very attractive and we will get a special and variety feelings when we have it. To get healthier dish I used jaggery syrup to get sweet. Let us enjoy with this sweet snack.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Jack fruit - 25 pieces
Roasted rice flour - 1 1/2 cups
Jaggery - 1 cup
Hot Water - 1 1/2 cups
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 pinch
Banana Leaves - As required
- Remove the seeds from jack fruits and cut it as small pieces.
- Make it paste by using a grinder and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add jaggery and pour 1/2 cup hot water and stir it well until jaggery dissolves completely.
- Then strain the syrup and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add rice flour, jack fruit paste, jaggery syrup, grated coconut and salt.
- Then pour hot water little by little and mix well.
- To this add cumin seeds powder and cardamom powder and mix well and make dough like chapati.
- Spread the dough gently on banana leaves by using finger easily.
- Then fold it as cone shape and put it in a steamer and cook it well by steaming.
- Then transfer it in a pot and leave it for cool.
- Then cut it different shapes as per our preferences and serve it.
- To get an exact taste of this rice cake use well ripped jackfruit to make this.
- If you don't have banana leaves you can steam it but banana leaves gives a special taste and smell.
- Use only hot water to make dough other wife softness will not be there.
- You have to use roasted rice to make rice cake.
- You can add cardamom powder and cumin seeds powder based on your preference.