Jackfruit is very much popular and big fruit in the world. Everybody knows about both Raw and Ripe Jackfruit. We are using Raw Jackfruit to make different dishes such as Masala curry, Erissery and Aviyal and we can use Tender jackfruit also same like this. Every dish of this Tender jackfruit is really tasty and healthy. Jackfruit will be available in houses especially in Kerala, so it became the favourite item for them. Tender Jackfruit dishes tastier than Jackfruit dishes. My mother and my grandmother were preparing dishes by using this since my childhood. Everyone in my family likes these dishes very much.
Today I am here to share one tasty Tender Jackfruit dish which is called as Tender Jackfruit Stir fry. In Kerala it is also called as 'Idichakka Thoran'. This is completely a traditional dish and will remember my childhood memories when I taste this dish. It is very easy to make because its method of preparation is very simple. It is super combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. Its main tastes are Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds and Coconut Oil. These all are giving completely traditional taste to this dish. This is natural, fresh and healthy dish which doesn't contain any poison. I followed the method which my grandmother was doing. Coconut and Cumin Seeds tastes are giving the tendency to eat food and these combinations are really tasty. This is spicy-less dish so it can use everyone including children. You can make it houses in Jackfruit season.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry leaves
Tender Jack Fruit - 1
Onion - 2
Garlic - 3
Green Chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - As required
Salt - To taste
- Remove the peel of tender jack fruit and wash gently cut it as cube shape pieces.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and cook it until 2 whistles.
- Then crush it by using a grinder and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut, sliced onion, garlic, green chilli, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, curry leaves salt and water together.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add crushed mixture and stir well.
- To this add crushed tender jack fruit and mix well.
- Then cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Then transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- You have to choose Medium sized Tender Jackfruit to make stir fry to get exact taste.
- To remove the stain of Tender Jackfruit from hand use Coconut Oil on hands before chop it.
- Turmeric Powder is an optional ingredient. Taste will not change if you don't use it.
- Its taste will increase the quantity of Curry Leaves so try to use more quantity of curry Leaves to get good taste.