Greenpeace is very healthy and it is protein rich item. This will be available in grocery stores at any time. This is also like red peace cow and green gram. I think everyone like to have green peace dishes. Two types of Greenpeace are available on markets, one is fresh raw green peace and another one is dry green peace. I am using dry Greenpeace to make curries always because it is difficult to get fresh one. I like green peace dishes since my childhood. Green peace stew, masala, pepper fry, kuruma, potato with green peace curry are the main and common dishes in houses. Here, I would like to share the recipe Greenpeace pepper stir fry. Pepper powder is the better ingredient with Greenpeace. It is completely a traditional stir fry. Greenpeace will take too much time to cook well so we have to sock it in water overnight. I am preparing this curry sometimes in my house. I learnt this recipe from my mother and I followed the same ingredients and method. It is super side dish with hot rice for lunch. It has mixed flavour of pepper powder, fennel powder and garam masala powder. It should not overcook so we need to take some extra care while cooking it. I have made it in natural and pure coconut oil. This recipe is very good to get new Greenpeace dishes and try to learn vegetarian dishes. It is medium spicy stir fry so we can give to children. We need not to add more ingredients to make this stir fry just use natural ingredients from home. We can also serve it with appam and chapati. It is very tasty and super homemade stir fry.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Fried Shallots and fried red chilli
Green Peace - 1 cup
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 3
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Sock green peace in water one night and wash it well and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Add salt and water as required and cover the cooker with lid and cook it well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Add red chilli pieces and fry it well.
- Add curry leaves to this and stir well.
- Then add sliced onion to this and add salt and stir it well.
- Then add chopped green chilli and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, pepper powder and coriander leaves and stir well for sometimes.
- To this add cooked green peace and mix well until water evaporates completely.
- Then add fennel powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried shallots and dry red chillies and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more taste use paste of pepper powder.
- To get more smell use pinch of fenugreek powder.
|Green Peas Pepper Stir Fry|