Jackfruit is one of the biggest fruit and it is very famous fruit in everywhere. You can prepare a lot of variety and tasty dishes by using raw and ripe jackfruit. It has been cultivated in Kerala so it became favourite fruit for them so they will wait for summer season because Jackfruit is available in summer season. Jack fruit and its seeds have a lot of health benefits. Jackfruit payasam, jackfruit Aviyal, milk shake, jackfruit sambar, jackfruit chips and jackfruit juice are the common and popular dishes for everyone. It was one of the favourite fruit long years ago and every house will have mashes jack fruit in the evening. Now a day also it is following because it is that much tasty and healthy. Here, I am prepared another tasty dish that is called as Jackfruit Erissery. It is very familiar to Keralites but it is not that much popular in other states and countries because it is a traditional dish in Kerala. I was getting a special and variety feelings when I have it. It is very simple and easy recipe. Onam is very famous celebration in Kerala, we are making different dishes by a lot of vegetables, we will get a variety taste at that time and I am getting that types of taste and feelings when I have this jackfruit Erissery. I will remember onam if I have it so I feel very happy at that time. Usually I was preparing jackfruit masala curry in my house but I felt that I need to get a variety taste from jackfruit. One day my aunt came to my house and she told me about this curry. I followed the method what she said and it was really tasty. So I am making this dish when I get jack fruits. My favourite combination with this curry is hot rice and curd curry. It is super and tasty. It has the taste of both cumin seeds and coconut paste. Its taste is increasing if we use coconut fry. It has very attractive smell and taste. It helps to get hungry very easily. I think a very less people know about this recipe so that it would be very helpful to everyone. Let us enjoy a new and tasty jackfruit dish.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Fried Coconut, Green Chilli and Curry leaves.
Raw Jack Fruit Flesh - 25
Garlic - 3
Green Chilli - 3
Shallots - 10
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 1/4 cups
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required.
- Clean raw jack fruit and cut it very thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add 1 cup grated coconut, garlic, two green chilli, shallots, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder, cumin seeds, curry leaves, salt and pour a little water and crush it together.
- To this add sliced jackfruit flesh and mix well.
- In a pan, put this mixture and cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame.
- Then mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add curry leaves and one sliced green chilli and fry it.
- To this add 1/4 cup grated coconut and fry it until brown colour.
- Put it into cooked jack fruit and mix well.
- Put it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried coconut, curry leaves and green chilli and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more taste you can add dried red chilli and shallot when splutter mustard seeds.