In Kerala, jackfruit and jackfruit seeds are very popular and favourite item in summer season. They are making a lot of variety and tasty dishes by using jackfruit and its seeds. Jackfruit seeds are very healthy and it has a lot of health benefits. It can prevent very danger cancer and it is scientifically and medically proved. Long years ago, peoples were making dishes by this and new generation also following the same methods now a days. Jackfruit seeds and mango curry, jackfruit seed payasam, pudding and masala are the main dishes by jackfruit seeds. We can keep it for long terms so can make dishes in other seasons. It will not damage so fast so it will last for long term. It contains a lot of protein. Here, I am showing very tasty jackfruit seed masala roast. It is an excellent combination with hot plane rice for lunch. I like this roast very much to have with hot rice. Usually I was making a stir fry with coconut and green chilli then my mother tried this method to get a different and variety taste. I learnt this recipe from my mother and I made it. It was really tasty and also looking very attractive. To get an exact taste of this curry we need to slice jackfruit seeds lengthy and thin and also it should not overcook. I used traditional and natural ingredient so it is completely a traditional recipe. It is medium spicy curry and very taste. Its taste will change based on spiciness. It has the mixed flavour of cumin seeds powder and garlic. It has an attractive smell. I used pure coconut oil so everyone can use this. This roast is very special to anyone who likes to have jackfruit and jackfruit seeds dishes. It is entirely different roast from other jackfruit seed curries.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Jackfruit Seed - 25
Onion - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallot - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Remove the outer and inner layer of jackfruit seeds and wash well and slice it lengthy and thin and keep it aside.
- Slice onion and chop green chilli.
- In a pot, add sliced jackfruit seeds, sliced onion and chopped green chilli.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and pour water as required.
- Cover the pot with lid and cook it well.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped garlic and shallots and fry it.
- Add curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add cooked jackfruit, red chilli powder and pepper powder and stir well.
- Cook it well and add cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.
- If you need you can add garam masala powder.
- To get another flavour and taste you can add fennel powder instead of cumin seeds powder.
|Jack Fruit Seed Masala Roast|