Pumpkin is a famous vegetable which contains anti-oxidants and vitamins. Green colour pumpkin and orange colour pumpkins are available. This vegetable we are cultivating in our houses and it would be available on market with less or reasonable price. It is very beneficial to human body, it helps to increase growth of body and also removing the poisons of our body. We can't mention its benefits by words because it is unlimited and we can make a lot variety dishes by using this vegetable. Pumpkin dishes are very popular before and now also everyone is following the same dishes. Pumpkin curry, masala curry, pumpkin jam, pumpkin squash, pudding and Erisseri are the common and famous dishes of pumpkin.
I need to share the recipe of pumpkin payasam in this article. Pumpkin payasam is one of the easy recipe and it is becoming popular now a day. This payasam recipe found recently and it is completely a variety type of payasam. Payasam is very sweet dessert and almost everyone like this very much. Pumpkin payasam can serve as the sweet and good dessert and it can use both hot and cold and both are really tasty. I have made it by using a different method. I made pumpkin payasam in different ways with different ingredient but this method is very tasty among them. It is very thick payasam and has a creamy effect. It has the mixed flavour of cardamom powder and ginger powder. We are getting a cooling effect when we have cold paysam. It is better to serve as the dessert after lunch. Everyone can try this variety payasam by using this method and it can be good and special payasam everyone. Its taste is entirely different from other paysam so it can give a new and fresh experience. Let us have a good day or functions with this tasty and variety pumpkin payasam.
Preparation Time - 15 minutesCooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Fried Peanuts and Raisins.
Grated Pumpkin - 1 cup
Milk - 1 litter
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Oats Powder - 2 tab spoon
Ghee - 2 tab spoon
Raisins - 15
Peanuts - 15
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Ginger Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1 pinch
- In a pan, heat ghee and add raisins and peanuts and fry it until brown colour and keep it aside in a bowl.
- To this add grated pumpkin and saute it well until remove the raw smell and taste.
- Add oats powder to this and saute it well for some times.
- To this pour milk and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- To this cooked pumpkin add condensed milk and sugar and mix well.
- To this add cardamom powder, dried ginger powder and salt when its starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and add fried raisins and peanuts and serve it in a serving bowl.
- To get more taste and flavour add cumin seeds.
- You can add fried cashew nuts also to this payasam.