Chicken is main and favourite non-vegetarian item for anyone who likes non-vegetarian dishes. Chicken is available in almost every country. We can't celebrate the festivals without chicken. We are making different variety and tasty dishes for wedding, birthday, Easter and Christmas celebration. Chicken dishes will be available in every hotels and restaurants. Its price is also less comparing other non-vegetarian items and it will be available everywhere so we will get it very easily without any difficulties. Its cooking time is also less comparing other meats. Chicken biriyani, chicken tikka, chicken pickle, chilli chicken and chicken kebab are the main dishes made by chicken. Here, I am showing a variety and tasty red chicken curry. It has an attractive red colour so I give this name for this recipe. To get red colour I used tomato, red capsicum and red chilli powder. I used the pasted masala to make this curry. It is little bit spicy chicken curry so it will be a good dish for who like spicy dishes. It has the mixed taste and flavour of ginger, garlic and garam masala powder. It can be served as the side dish with appam, bread, rice, mashed tapioca and jackfruit and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chicken is healthier than other non-vegetarian dishes because it contains less fats so it is suitable for cholesterol patients. We can make it very easily at home. We can try this variety dishes at home. This recipe will be helpful for anyone who wants to try new taste and dishes. It is very tasty to have with our favourite foods.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Chicken - 1 kg
Onion - 2
Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato - 3
Red Capsicum - 1
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 1 tab spoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Chopped Shallot - 2 tab spoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Cut chicken as small pieces and wash it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add sliced onion, ginger paste, garlic paste, sliced tomato, sliced capsicum, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and grated coconut and pour some water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add chopped shallot and fry it.
- Add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add masala paste and stir well.
- Then add chicken pieces to this and stir well for some times.
- Pour water as required and add salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame and make it thick.
- Then add garam masala powder and mix it.
- Turn off the fire and serve it with rice, chapati, appam and bread.
- To get more taste use fried chicken pieces.
- To get extra smell and flavour add fennel powder.
- To get more taste cook it in coconut milk.
|Red Chicken Curry|