Usually Prawns are the favourite item for non-vegetarians. Prawns are using in every countries and it is very tasty fish item. Mainly we are getting both fresh and dry prawns and both are really tasty. We can make different tasty dishes by using prawns such as prawns masala curry, stir fry, chutney and chutney powder. Mango is an excellent combination with prawns and its taste is amazing. In this article, I am showing how to make very tasty and special prawns and mango chutney. It is very good dish to anyone those who likes to have prawn dishes. It is very easy to make at home and I am preparing this chutney at home especially in mango season. Mainly we are using this chutney as the side dish with hot rice, mashed tapioca and mashed jackfruit. My favourite combination is with mashed jackfruit. We can make this chutney with both fresh and dried prawns. Sometimes we will face difficulty to get fresh prawns but dry prawns will be available at any time. Its main flavours are ginger, dry red chillies, coconut and curry leaves. It is a traditional recipe and we are not heating coconut oil to make this so it is healthy dish. Taste will not change if we use pure coconut oil. It is little bit spicy chutney but everyone can use this. We are making different dishes by using raw mango but it will be very special to everyone. We can make this chutney within minutes after roasting prawns. We can make it immediately when guest come. Prawns will have a variety taste comparing to other fishes so everyone like this recipe very much. It is very popular and famous old recipe. I have tasted this from my mother house first time in my childhood. I love this chutney very much and also it will have a nice smell while preparing this chutney. We can make this chutney in different ways but this method is really easy and simple even children can also make this very easy. This recipe will be very helpful to anyone who started to learn cooking.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 5 minutes
Dried Prawns - 1/4 cup
Ginger - 1 small piece
Dry Red Chilli - 3
Raw Mango - 1
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To taste
Water - 1 tab spoon
- In a pan, add dried prawns and roast it well without oil.
- Then remove the head and tail and wash it well and make it dry.
- Put it in a grinder and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel raw mango and cut it as small pieces.
- Then add ginger pieces, dry red chilli, raw mango pieces, grated coconut, curry leaves, salt and water to grinder and crush it well.
- Put it in a bowl and pour coconut oil and mix it well by using a spoon.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice or mashed tapioca and mashed jackfruit.
- To get extra taste use shallots fry.
- We can splutter mustard seeds if we need.
- To get more taste and smell use roasted coconut.
|Dried Prawns - Mango Chutney|