Sweet mango curry or Mambazha pulissery is the Kerala style traditional dish. In Kerala, mainly it is served as the special dish for the celebrations of onam and vishu. Keralites like this curry very much. It is very easy and simple recipe. Its main specialty is its variety taste. It is not spicy curry and it has the mixed or balanced or equal taste of sour and sweet. Usually it is used as the side dish with plane rice for lunch and it is super combination. It is completely a Kerala traditional recipe because we are using natural grated coconut and coconut oil to make this. Everyone in my family and I like this curry very much. My mother is preparing this curry so many times in my house especially in Onam. It is completely my mother' recipe and I used all ingredients which my mother given to me. I have used traditional mango to make this curry because it will have a variety taste comparing other mango. It is very famous and popular curry for Keralites and its taste is really nice. We can make this tasty curry very easy in mango season. Its taste is amazing so try to make this sweet dish and enjoy with your family members.
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Decoration - Fried Red Chilli
Ripe Mango (small) - 10
Green Chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seed - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 4
Thick Curd - 1 1/2 cups
Sugar - 2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Dry Red Chilli - 2
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - As Required
Salt - To taste
- Remove the peel of ripe mango and wash it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, put green chilli, grated coconut, cumin seeds, pepper seeds, salt and pour water as required and make it paste.
- In a pan, add mango, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, sugar, curry leaves and pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Then add coconut paste
- to this and stir well.
- Then boil it well under low flame.
- Then add curd to this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire before start to boil it and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add fenu greek powder and dry red chillies and fry well.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Pour it in a cooked mango curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- To make this curry we can use any types of mango.
- We need to use medium ripe mango to make this curry.
- We can use jaggery to get sweet instead of sugar.
- We should not boil the curry after adding curd to this curry.
|Sweet Mango Curry|