Jack fruits dishes will have a special and variety taste always. Jackfruit dishes are the favourite items for Keralites and they are very much interested to make different curries and snacks by using jackfruit. Jackfruit chips are the one of the main item for Keralites. Jackfruit will be available in almost all houses in Kerala. Everyone is using ripe and raw jack fruits for different purpose. Jackfruit is available in summer season so it will be special to everyone in this season. Keralites are exporting jackfruit to another country or states so jackfruit will became very famous in whole world. Here, I am showing how to make very easy jackfruit masala stir fry. It is very simple and easy recipe but taste is really good. It is an excellent combination with hot plane rice for lunch. I have used very less ingredients to make this masala. Rainy season started now but still jackfruit is available in my house so I could make this tasty masala. It is medium spicy dish and it has a traditional taste because I have used pure coconut oil to make this. It has the traditional mixed flavour of garlic and coconut paste. We can use this as the side dish with appam and chapati but according to me it is better with rice. I would like to have this masala with plane hot rice. I have made this curry so many times in my house because I really love this taste. It is very good recipe for anyone who likes to have jackfruit dishes. We can change the ingredients as per our taste and choice. I love this masala taste so I don't want to change the ingredients to get more taste. I have used both pepper powder and chilli powder to get spicy but pepper powder flavour is high in this masala curry. So many people are not aware about these types of dishes so it will be very helpful to them. Everyone can try this recipe at home because it will not have too much effort. It will be very good masala for vegetarians. We will get a tasty curry in less time.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Raw Jack fruit Flesh - 20
Onion - 2
Shallot - 10
Garlic - 2
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Paste - 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - As required
Salt - To taste
- Remove the seeds from jack fruits and cut it as lengthy and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add garlic and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add sliced onion and chopped shallot and stir well.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and pepper powder and stir well until get a smell.
- To this add sliced jack fruits and salt and stir well.
- Pour water as required and add coconut paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Make it thick as required and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more spicy add green chilli.
- To get more flavour and taste add garam masala powder.
- It is better to add fennel powder to this masala.
- Taste will not change if we use coconut milk instead of coconut paste.
- We can use a little butter with coconut oil to get attractive smell and taste.
|Raw Jack Fruit Masala Stir Fry|