Soya Chunks are very healthy and famous item which is mostly used by vegetarians. Here, I am giving very tasty soya chunks pepper fry. It is very simple and easy to make at home. It is very spicy fry and I like it very much. Soya chunks dishes are my favourite dishes. It would be very tasty if we make it any types of dish with this. It is protein rich vegetable and it is highly helpful to vegetarians because they will not have the protein contents of their body so they can use it for protein content. Soya chunks are standing in very good place in Indian food recipes. Non Vegetarians will have more interest to have this dish because it is giving the same feeling like non vegetables. Here, I used pepper powder to get spicy and pepper powder is tastier comparing other spices. I am preparing different dishes by soya chunks by using different method. Soya chunks with other vegetables such as carrot, beans and cabbage, soya chunks biriyani, soya chunks with tapioca and soya chunks cutlet are the main and common dishes of soya chunks. Every dish is really tasty and very good to health. I would like to have little spicy dishes of soya chunks. We can use it with appam, rice and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have made it like south Indian non vegetarian dish. Soya chunks recipes are very helpful who wants healthy body. Everyone can use it including children.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Decoration - Fried Curry Leaves
Soya Chunks - 1 cup
Onion - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Small Coconut Pieces - 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallot - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- In a pot pour water as required and boil it well.
- Add soya chunks to this and leave it for 10 minutes to become soft.
- Then squeeze it well by using hands.
- Then squeeze it in cold water for 4 and 5 times.
- Then cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this chopped ginger, garlic, chopped shallots, green chilli, curry leaves, coconut pieces and fry it well.
- To this add sliced onion and stir it well for some times.
- Turn down the fire, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and stir well.
- Then add soya chunks pieces to this and mix well.
- To this pour coconut milk and salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Then add pepper powder and water evaporates completely and roast it well.
- Then add garam masala powder when it fried well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried curry leaves and serve with hot rice.
- To get more taste and flavour use fennel powder.
|Soya Chunks Pepper Fry|