Today, so many people are using banana stem because it contains a lot of anti-oxidants. So many people are using fast food on their daily life but so many peoples are conscious about their health so they are trying to find out healthy vegetables and studying about healthy and natural food. If we use natural and traditional food we can prevent so many dangerous diseases without any difficulties. Here, I am introducing very healthy and natural banana stem vegetable. I can't explain its health benefits in words. Fiber is the main content of banana stem. Banana stem is very useful to fat people because it has the ability to remove the excess fat from body so it reduces weight. It is looking very attractive with white colour and we can see its fiber content directly when it cut. If we can't use it on daily basis use it monthly once to reduce fat and get energetic body. It is very useful to make different tasty dishes. I have introduced some tasty recipes earlier. Today I am showing very easy and tasty banana stem stir fry. Banana Stem juice, masala and banana stem pickle are main dishes of banana stem. This recipe will like anyone who likes to make and use natural and traditional food. I got this recipe from my mother and she makes so many banana stem dishes but this is the easiest recipe comparing others. It's main taste and flavours are cumin seeds and coconut. To get little variety taste I cut it as cube shape and chopped banana stem stir fry gives another taste. It is very useful to children. This recipe is helpful to those who like to learn cooking. It has a little sweet taste and it can use with side dish with hot rice for lunch. Try this tasty spicy-less stir fry.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Banana Stem Cubes - 1 cup
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Sugar - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash banana stem well and cut it as cubes and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it and chop it and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, put turmeric powder, red chilli powder, grated coconut, cumin seeds, salt and curry leaves and crush it together and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add banana stem cubes and chopped onion and stir well for some times.
- Then add crushed coconut mixture and mix well.
- Pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- To this add sugar and turn off the fire and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fresh curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.