Black Chickpeas spicy masala is delicious dish. It is very spicy and tasty natural traditional dish. Black Chickpeas dishes are very famous and familiar to everyone. I think almost everyone likes black Chickpeas dishes very much especially vegetarians. Black Chickpeas dishes are mainly used by north Indians. They are using it a lot and also cultivating black Chickpeas. We can make a lot of variety tasty dishes by using this. This is favourite item for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It is protein rich item so it can give proteins to human body so this will be suitable to vegetarians. Usually we are making black chickpeas curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner and this curry is available in every hotels for the breakfast. Here, I would like to share very spicy thick masala. I used only natural ingredients to make this tasty masala. It can use as the side dish but with hot rice is the super combination with this masala curry. Black chickpeas will become very soft if we cook it in pressure cooker and also help to save cooking time. It has an attractive mixed smell of both garam masala and cinnamon powder. Its main flavours are ginger and garlic. I made it first time today and I received good compliments from my family members. For children you can make it spicy less and it is better side dish with lunch for them. It is very simple and tasty vegetarian recipe.
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Black Chickpeas - 1 cup
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Tomato Paste - 1/4 cup
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 tab spoon
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
- Sock black Chickpeas overnight and wash it well next day and put it in a pressure cooker.
- To this add salt and water as required and cover cooker with lid and cook it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, grated coconut, curry leaves, salt and pour little water and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it well.
- To this add dried red chilli and chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add chopped onion and stir well until brown colour.
- Then add tomato paste and stir well to remove raw taste.
- Then add coconut paste and stir well to remove raw taste.
- To this add cooked black Chickpeas and stir well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook well.
- Add Garam Masala Powder when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more taste, creamy effect and smell you can cook Black Chickpeas in coconut milk.
|Black Chickpeas Spicy Masala|