Egg is looking very attractive and it is very soft and very good white and yellow combination. We are remembering its attractive combination when we hear this name. Egg will be available in almost all houses for income and homely needs. If we don't have it will be available in shops at any time. Its price will change some times but it is available in everywhere and every time. Egg dishes are available in all hotels and restaurants. Egg dishes are cost effective comparing other non-vegetarian dishes. So many people like egg dishes very much and some vegetarians are using egg dishes. Egg taste is really good and variety. In this article, I would like to share egg with tomato masala curry. This is my mother's recipe and I made this curry so many times in my house. It is very easy and tasty dish and tomato is an excellent combination with egg. It is medium spicy curry and it can use with appam, bread, rice and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This dish will like anyone who likes egg dishes very much. Its main flavours are ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. We will get a nice smell while preparing this dish and it is providing hungry. This masala curry can serve to guests if we don't have other non-vegetarian dishes. To get more taste I used roasted chilli, coriander seeds and coconut and more quantity of shallots and onion. I used natural and pure coconut oil to make this curry. It has the sour taste of tomato and it is giving variety feelings to us.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Egg - 6
Tomato - 5
Green Chilli - 3
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 3
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 piece
Chopped Shallots - 1/2 cup
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 6
Coriander Seeds - 2 tab spoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 15
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- In a pot, pour water as required and put eggs and boil it well.
- Remove the shell of boiled eggs and make small slits on it by using knife.
- Wash tomato well and cut it as thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add dried red chilli, coriander seeds and black pepper seeds and roast it well.
- Put this roasted mixture in a grinder and pour a little water and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- Add grated coconut in a grinder and pour a little water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- To this add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- Then add chopped shallots, chopped onion and green chilli and stir well for some times.
- Then add tomato and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and turmeric powder and masala paste and stir well.
- Then add coconut paste and stir well.
- Add salt and water as required and boil it well.
- To this add eggs and cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Turn off the fire when it became thick.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with rice, appam and chapati.