Raw papaya is healthy vegetable which contains a lot of health benefits for human being. In Kerala, Papaya is called as Kappalanga and Omakka. We are using both raw and ripe papaya and both are very good to use on daily basis. It contains a lot of vitamins and enzymes. Magnesium, pottassium, vitamin A, B, C and E are very helpful to improve the health of bones and teeth and also helps to improve the digestion process. It can use directly if you can otherwise we can make different dishes by using raw and ripe papaya. Raw papaya salad and pickle are very tasty dishes. It can use with beef and mutton to cook easily and get softness. It is also helping to skin glow. We can't explain its benefits by words. It is one of the famous and traditional vegetable. It is mostly cultivating in Kerala and it is available on markets with affordable price. I can say that almost everyone knows about its benefits so its usage is increasing day by day. Here, I would like to share the recipe of traditional raw papaya stir fry. It is very tasty and healthy and it can make very easily in houses. It is very soft vegetable so it needs very less cooking time. It has an attractive yellow colour and it is super combination with hot rice for lunch and dinner. I got this recipe from my mother and she has been preparing since my childhood. This stir fry is very suitable to give children when they go to school because it is very healthy to them. It is having the mixed taste and smell of cumin seeds and garlic. It can prepare with limited natural ingredients. Traditional tastes are liked by so many people especially Keralites. It is completely a natural and healthy stir fry and very good to everyone.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Raw Papaya - 1
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Chopped Green Chilli - 1 tab spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel of raw papaya and cut into two pieces.
- Remove the seeds from it and wash it well and chop it and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, put turmeric powder, grated coconut, some curry leaves and salt and crush it together and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Then add chopped garlic and fry it.
- To this add chopped onion and chopped green chilli and stir well for some times.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add crushed coconut mixture and stir well for some times.
- Then add chopped papaya to this and mix well.
- Then pour a little water and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.