Usually we are making different types of chicken curry in houses. We have tasted different types of tasty dishes from relative's houses or some other functions or celebrations. We will get the tendency to have some chicken curries when we see it because of its colour or smell. However chicken dishes became a favourite item for everyone including me. Chicken dishes are the main dishes among non- vegetarian dishes.
Today, I made chicken curry in roasted coconut, red chilli and coriander seeds masala. It is very tasty and traditional curry. Only we are taking more time to roast it together apart from that every process is easy. Roasted masala curries are really tasty and it has a very good flavour. In hotels, they are serving this type of curries are very special dishes. Garam masala powder and fennel seeds are helping to increase its taste. It is very spicy dish and it can use as the side dish with appam, rice and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very special to serve guests.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Chicken - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Shallots - 10
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 5
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 10
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Clean chicken well and cut it as small pieces and wash it well.
- Remove the peel of shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and chop it.
- Wash green chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- Heat a pan well and add grated coconut to this and roast it well until light brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add coriander seeds and roast it well.
- Then add dried red chillies and black pepper seeds and roast it.
- To this add curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add turmeric powder and stir well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it sometimes to cool well.
- Put it in a grinder and pour a little water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add fennel seeds and fry it.
- Then add green chilli and stir well.
- To this add chopped shallots and chopped onion and stir well for some times.
- Add curry leaves to this and stir well.
- Then add chicken pieces to this and stir well for sometimes.
- Then add masala paste and mix well for five minutes.
- Then pour water as required and salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Then add garam masala powder when it became thick and mix it well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with appam, chapati and hot rice.