Pumpkin is very tasty and healthy vegetable and it will be available in light yellow colour and dark yellow colour. It will be available in everywhere at very low cost. In Kerala, almost all houses will have natural pumpkin because it is very easy to cultivating for homely needs or requirements. It contains a lot health benefits and it looks very attractive. It is a big vegetable and it will last for long days. Pumpkin has very thick peel and inside is very soft, we have to remove this peel to make dishes. It can cook very easily and it will have a creamy effect after cooking it well.
'Salad' is very famous name for everyone and everyone tasted different types of salad. We are making different types of salads in our house and also we will get it from hotels and restaurants. Salads are mainly using as the side dish with Biriyani, ghee rice, plain rice and chapati. Usually we are making salad with onion but we can make salads with any other fruits and vegetables. Different salads will have different ingredients so taste also will change based on ingredients. Usually making salads with raw ingredients but here I used cooked pumpkin to make this salad. It it entirely different from other salads and its main tastes are coconut, coconut milk, sour taste and a little sweet taste. It is better to use in the evening time and dinner time. This very suitable to use fat people to reduce fat and also give health benefits.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Yellow Pumpkin - 1
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Cashewnut Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Almond Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oats Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1 pinch
Honey - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel and seeds from yellow pumpkin and cut it as cubes.
- Wash it well and keep it aside.
- In a pot add Cashewnut powder, almond powder, oats powder and cinnamon powder.
- To this pour a little water and mix well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add washed pumpkin cubes, grated coconut, salt and coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame but don't overcook it.
- Add powder mix to this when evaporate coconut milk completely and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and add honey and lime juice and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it in the evening.
- You have to take care while cook pumpkin because its taste will change if its overcooked.
- Its taste will increase if we use homemade pumpkin to make this.
- You have to sock pumpkin in vinegar and salt water for 1 hour if it is from market.
- You can use sugar instead of using honey and you can change the quantity based on your taste.
- To get more taste add fried cashew nuts, almond and raisins.