This is sweet and spicy pickle which is entirely different from other pickles. We all have tasted different kinds of pickles. Usually we are making red colour and white colour pickles in our houses. Chopped Garlic and chopped ginger are the common ingredients for all pickles. But here I have followed a different method to make this variety pickle. I used raw mango to make this sweet and spicy pickle. It is a delicious Indian recipe and it can use as the side dish with Biriyani, Fried rice, Ghee rice and Plain rice. Sweet and Spicy pickles are very popular in Gujarat and Mangalore but I made it very different from those kinds of pickles. Usually making this kind of pickles with cumin seeds but here I used Fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds paste so taste will be very different. To increase the taste I roasted all ingredients for masala in coconut oil. Try to make this verity pickle to get a new tasty experience.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Raw Mango - 2
Jaggery Syrup - 1/2 cup
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 6
Coriander Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Sesame Oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash raw mango well and make it dry with using clothes.
- Cut it as small pieces and put it in a pot and add salt as required and mix well by using hands.
- Make a Jaggery Syrup and strain it through strainer and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tab spoon sesame oil and add dried red chillies and fry it and remove it from pan and keep it aside.
- Then add Coriander seeds and Fenu Greek seeds in a same pan and fry it.
- Add these fried dried red chillies, coriander seeds and Fenu Greek seeds in a grinder and pour a little water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- In a big pan, pour 1 tab spoon sesame oil and heat it well.
- Splutter mustard seeds when oil heats well.
- To this add thick masala paste and turmeric powder and saute it well for 3 minutes under low flame.
- To this add raw mango pieces and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Then add Jaggery syrup to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and boil it well and make it thick.
- Then add asafoetida powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for some tines to cool.
- Then add honey to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid for some times and mix well again.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with biriyani, fried rice, ghee rice and plain rice.
- You can make a pickle by using by big mango pieces and you have to remove the peel of mango if you use big pieces.
- It will be tastier if you sock mango in salt one week.
- Don't add water when we mix mango and salt and it helps to keep it for long terms.
- You can use sugar instead of using Jaggery Syrup.
- To keep it for long term put it in dry airtight bottles.