Fish dishes are mouth-watering dishes to all especially Keralites because they are using fish dishes on daily basis. They are not at all interested to eat lunch and dinner without fish dishes. Fish dishes are using every state and country but taste of dishes will be change based on places, methods and ingredients. Fish dishes are really tasty and these are very good to human health. Fish contains anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids so we have to use it on daily basis.
I have made different tasty dishes by using variety dishes but today I want to share another tasty fish dish which is known as Goan Fish Curry. This is Goan style fish curry and it is entirely different from other fish dishes because its method is very different. We can get this dish in some hotels and restaurants. I have taste it first from one hotel and it was really good and tasty and I tried this. All ingredients are same like other dishes but method is different so we are getting variety tasty dish. It is little bit spicy dish and you can serve it with Rice, Chapati and Bread. It has sour taste and Coconut taste. It is very thick dish and it is my favorite fish dish and everyone can make it very easily at home.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
King Fish - 500 gm
Tomato - 1
Green Chilli - 3
Garlic - 2
Ginger - 1 Small Piece.
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Tamarind Paste - 1 tab spoon
Vegetable Oil - 2 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Cut fish as thin and medium size pieces and wash it well and keep it aside.
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small pieces.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it into two pieces.
- In a grinder, put Garlic, Ginger, Shallots, turmeric Powder, Coriander Seeds, Black Pepper Seeds, Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, Salt and a little Water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Vegetable Oil and heat it well.
- To this add Tomato pieces, Green Chilli pieces and Salt and saute it well.
- To this add Coconut and masala paste and saute it well until remove the Vegetable Oil comes on the top.
- To this add Tamarind Paste and mix well.
- Pour water as required to this and add Fish pieces when it starts to boil.
- Boil it well for 3 minutes and turn down the fire and cover the pan with lid and cook it well and make it thick as desired.
- Then pour Coconut Milk to this and turn around the pan and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Plain Rice, Bread and Chapati.
- You can make Goan style fish curry with any type of fish.
- To remove the bad smell of fish mix fish with either Vinegar or Lime Juice and wash it well with Water.
- You can use any refined oil to make this Fish curry but don't use Coconut Oil.
- To get good taste and smell use chopped Coriander Leaves.