Sarsaparilla Sarbath is very popular cool drink that is available in everywhere. In Kerala, it is also known as 'Naruneendi Sarbath'. I think almost everyone has tasted it at least once. It became very popular because of its pleasant and attractive smell. It is very costly item in outside but here I am going to show how to make it at home very easily by using simple method. We can make it at home cost effective and natural. I like this cool drink very much so I am spending time to make this cool drink. We are using it with Ice Water to get cooling effect of body. We can store it for long term if you keep it in fridge so we can use it whenever we need and serve to unexpected guests. It can provide great feelings and freshness to us. I tasted it from my roommate when I was staying in hostel and still I am remembering that taste. I bought Sarsaparilla from shop and I made it from home and I got the exact taste of the Sarbath which I tasted earlier from my friend. This is very suitable to use in hot summer season to get freshness, energy and cooling effect. it is very useful to use when we suffering any stomach problems. This is very health drink and it has the mixed taste of both sweet and sour taste.
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Decoration - Ice Cubes
Sarsaparilla (Naruneendi) Root - 100 gm
Sugar - 500 gm
Water - 1 1/2 litter
Lime Juice - 1/4 Cup
- Sock Sarsaparilla root in Water for 5 minutes.
- Then wash it well with Water for 2 or 3 times to removes mud and clean it well.
- Crush this root well and remove the white colour portion from inside and put it in a pot and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour Water and boil it well.
- To this add crushed Sarsaparilla root and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and boil it well for 5 minutes under high flame.
- Then boil it well for 15 minutes under medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and leave it for 12 hours to get good Sarsaparilla syrup.
- Strain this syrup after 12 hours through a strainer two times and keep it aside.
- In another pan, pour this syrup and add Sugar and stir well under low flame until Sugar dissolves completely and make it thick as desired.
- To this add lime Juice and mix well.
- Turn off the fire when it starts to boil and leave it for sometimes to become cool.
- Then strain it through strainer and pour it in a bottle and keep it in a refrigerator.
- to serve this take a serving glass and pour 2 tab spoon Sarsaparilla Sarbath and pour ice water and decorate with 2 or 3 ice cubes and serve it cold and fresh.
- To get more Red colour use a little Red food colour and it will be looking very attractive when serve it.
- You can adjust the quantity of Sugar and Lime Juice as per your taste. To get correct taste of this Sarbath these both tastes should be equal or correct.
- Sarsaparilla has its own smell and taste so need not to add any artificial essence. Its exact taste will change if you add other essence.