Salads are very much important dishes for our daily day life and I think that I need not to explain its taste and significance to all because all are using it on daily basis with some other foods. I also like salad very much and I am making different tasty salads by using vegetables and fruits. We can make this dish with anything which you like and taste will change based on the ingredients and methods. Different types of salads are there, Vegetable Salads, Fruits Salads and Non-Vegetable salads are the common and most popular salad dishes. Today, I am going to share very popular Onion Salad through this article. Onion is very healthy vegetable and we all are using it with other dishes to increase the taste. It can use with any types of food as a side dish but this Salad can't use as the main food like some other Salads. Usually it is serving as the side dish with Biriyani, Rice, Ghee Rice and Fried Rice. I would like to have this Salad with non-vegetarian dishes such as Beef, Chicken and Pork dishes and vegetable dishes such as Red Lentils Curry and Black Chick Peas Curry. We can use Onion on daily basis to improve health and Onion Salad is the best solution to have it daily. Here, I used Bird's Eye Chilli as the spice to make this Salad because it can give special and variety taste to this Salad comparing other spices. Bird's Eye Chilli also has a lot of health benefits so we can get the benefits of both these ingredient together through this Salad. Lime Juice and White Vinegar combination is also helping to increase the taste of this dish. To get softness rub it well by using hands.
Cooking Time - 5 Minutes
Onion - 2
Bird's Eye Chilli - 10
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
White Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it very thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- Wash Bird's Eye Chill well and chop it.
- In a pot, put sliced Onion and chopped Bird's Eye Chilli and Salt and rub and mix well with hand.
- To this add Lemon Juice, White Vinegar and Curry Leaves and mix well by using a Spoon.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it as the side dish with Chapati, Biriyani and Rice with some other side dishes.
- You can use a little Red Chilli Powder if you need.
- Green Chilli also can use instead of using Bird's Eye Chilli.
- To increase the tastes of Salad use some Chaat Masala.
- You can use only Lemon Juice or Vinegar to make this.
- You can use Rock Salt or Black Salt or Regular Salt to make this Salad.
- To get freshness, smell and taste use chopped Mint Leaves.
- To get the exact taste slice onion very thin.
- You have to use it immediately after making otherwise its freshness will lose.
- To get correct taste of this Salad make it with equal taste of Sour, Salt and Spices.