This is very special and tasty sweet Raita and it will be very new recipe to all. We can make sweet and sweet-less Raita by using different vegetables and fruits. Raita is the favourite dish for everybody and this is the traditional Kerala style sweet Raita. Yogurt is the main and common ingredient for all Raita. We can't celebrate Onam, Vishu and Hindu Wedding celebrations without Raita. Passion Fruit has very good flavour and taste so this dish also has good taste and smell. This is looking very attractive with natural Yellow colour. Passion Fruit and Aloe Vera are super combination but nobody is aware about this combination. Its main tastes are Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds and Garlic. This is also has the mixed taste of sweet and sour taste. This is very thick Raita and you can serve it when guests come home.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Fried Curry Leaves and Dried Red Chilli
Passion Fruit - 5
Aloe Vera Cubes - 1/4 cup
Garlic - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1 tab spoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 4
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of passion fruit and take the pulp from inside and put it in a pot and keep it aside.
- Remove the green colour peel of Aloe Vera and take white colour gel.
- Cut this gel as small cubes and put it in a pot.
- Put salt as required to this and pour water and boil it well for 2 minutes.
- Then remove water from this and take white gel alone and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, grated coconut, salt and water as required and make it thick paste.
- Put sugar to passion fruit pulp and mix well.
- Heat a pan and add passion fruit pulp and sugar mix and stir well for one minute.
- To this add grated coconut paste and saute it well until remove the raw smell.
- Then add a little water, salt and Aloe Vera cubes and mix well.
- Turn off the fire when it boils well.
- Add yogurt to this and mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat a small pan and heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add dried red chilli and curry leaves and fry it.
- Put this into a prepared Raita and mix well.
- Put it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried curry leaves and dried red chillies and serve with plain rice.
- You can use honey or jaggery syrup to get sweet and you can change the quantity of sweet based on your preferences.
- Garlic and cumin seeds are optional ingredients so you can avoid it if you don't like this flavour.
- You can use any refined oil instead of using coconut oil.