Liver is very tasty non-vegetarian item and we can use the Liver of Beef, Chicken and Mutton. Liver dishes are very tasty and its taste is entirely different from other non-vegetarian dishes. Today, I made a very tasty and spicy Liver masala which is made by Beef Liver. This is very spicy dish because I like spicy non-vegetarian dishes but you can adjust the spices based on your choice. Beef Liver also has the same cooking time like Beef. Its taste and softness will increase after cooing well. Liver is very good for the health of Eyes and Heart. Beef Liver will be available on market at any time with the same price of Beef. We can make Liver dishes by changing the ingredients and method and its taste will change based on the ingredients and methods. I made this spicy Beef Liver Masala by using traditional method. It is very easy and simple method and Lime Juice can give a special flavour to this dish. Its main tastes and smell are Garam Masala Powder and Cumin Seeds Powder. It can serve as the side dish with Rice, Chapati and Appam.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Beef Liver - 500 gm
Onion - 2
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Cut beef liver as small pieces and wash it well 3 or 4 times.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and pour coconut oil and heat it well.
- Splutter mustard seeds when oil heats well.
- To this add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and saute it well.
- To this add ginger and garlic paste and saute it well.
- To this add chopped onion and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to this and mix well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder and saute it well until remove the raw taste.
- To this add washed beef liver pieces and mix well.
- Pour coconut milk and water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Add garam masala powder, cumin seeds powder and lime juice when it became thick and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl and serve it with chapati, bread, dosa and rice.
- To save cooking time and increase the tastes marinate beef liver with masala for one hour.
- You can use only shallots instead of using onion.
- You can use fennel seeds powder instead of using cumin seeds powder.
- You can cook beef liver in a pressure Cooker to reduce the cooking time.
- You can use tomato paste instead of using lime juice to get softness.