This is one famous South Indian style Rasam. In my house, we are making different types of Rasam weekly once for lunch and dinner. Lemon Rasam, Tomato Rasam and Green Chilli Rasam are the most common and popular Rasam. Rasam is a pure vegetarian dish and it can be made by using different methods. These types of dishes are very useful to improve digestion process. Earlier we were not making it in my house so I was not that much familiar with this taste. But when I shifted too hostel they were making it weekly once for dinner so I liked it very much. Then I tried to make it in my home and Aviyal is the super combination with this for lunch. Everyone needs to try this combination because it is really tasty. I made this dish with natural ingredients which are available in my home. This is very easy to make and contains Red colour and smell. It will be last for 2 days and its main ingredients are Garlic, Pepper Powder, Asafoetida Powder and Tamarind Pulp. Its taste is entirely different from other dishes and we will get a special feeling when use it. This is spicy and its consistency is loose. It has the mixed taste of sour and spice..
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Tomato - 2
Green Chilli - 1
Crushed Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Tamarind Pulp - 1 tab spoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it lengthy.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil well and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add Cumin Seeds and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute it well.
- To this add crushed Garlic and Green Chilli pieces and saute it well for sometimes.
- Then add sliced Tomato and Salt and saute it well.
- Then add Tamarind Pulp to this and mix well.
- Pour Water to this as required to cooking.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Then add Asafoetida Powder to this and mix well.
- Add Sugar to this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice.
- We have to cut Tomato as big pieces to make Rasam.
- You can adjust the quantity of spices and Tamarind Pulp based on your taste.
- To increase the taste of this dish use some Fennel Seeds with Cumin Seeds.
- You can use crushed Black Pepper to this.
- To get good taste and smell use Coriander Leaves.
- You can store it for one day if you keep it in bottle.