We all know that Leaves dishes are very good to health so we are searching different types of Leaves dishes. Everyone is very health conscious today world because so many diseases are coming day by day. We have to take care of our self because every food contains poison. To get good health and reduce diseases use Leaves dishes on daily basis. These dishes are helping to reduce blood pressure and sugar from the human body. It contains Iron content which very useful to improve health. So many vegetable leaves are there in our houses such as Drumstick Leaves, Spinach, Long Beans Leaves and Bitter Gourd leaves.
Black Chickpeas Leaves are also one tasty and healthy Leaves. Today, I would like to share very special Black Chickpeas Leaves stir fry through this article. It is mainly used by North Indians and it will be available in shops there at low price. I have tasted it from Bangalore recently and I didn't know about this before that and it was really tasty. That dish made without Coconut but here I made it with Grated Coconut. I used natural Black Chickpeas Leaves which I made it in my home so I can say that it is fresh and healthy dish. Its taste is entirely different from other leaves and this dish will be special to those who like Leaves dishes very much. Its main flavours are Cumin Seeds and Coconut and Split Green Gram increases the taste of this dish. It is super combination with hot Rice for lunch.
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Fresh Black Chickpeas Leaves
Black Chickpeas Leaves - 1 Cup
Shallots - 5
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Split Green Gram - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash Black Chickpeas well and chop it well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Shallots and Onion and wash well and chop it well.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, chopped Shallots, chopped Onion, Cumin Seeds, some Curry Leaves and Salt and crush it well.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add Split Green Gram and Curry Leaves and fry well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder to this saute it well.
- To this add crushed Coconut Mixture and saute it well for 5 minutes to remove raw smell and taste.
- Then add washed and chopped Black Chickpeas Leaves to this and saute it well.
- Pour a little Water to this and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook it under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Open the pan and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice hot and fresh.
- You can use fried Raw Rice instead of using fried Split Green Gram.
- To get attractive Green Colour and freshness add 1/4 teaspoon Lime Juice.
- You can use Red Chilli Powder instead of using Green Chilli and dish will have a little Red Colour if you use it.
- Cumin Seeds is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't have. I used here to get good taste and smell.