Potato Carrot soup is one healthy soup and it is delicious Indian style vegetable soup. Its method of preparation is very simple and easy. It is better to use at the time of dinner and this soup recipe will be useful to health conscious people. You can make this soup by using pressure cooker and it helps to reduce the cooking time of vegetables. I am trying to make different types of vegetables and non-vegetables soups and both are really tasty and good. We can make soup by mixing of both vegetables and non-vegetables and it can give the benefits of these both through one soup. I like to use soups and usually I am using hot soup. You can make this soup with very less ingredients. Potato is super combination with any vegetables so I used Carrot as the combination with this. Carrot increases the health benefits also will get good Yellow colour. Totally it is tasty vegetable soup and if you need a little sweet taste use Honey. This is not that much thick soup and it has the flavour and smell of cumin seeds. Everyone needs to try this simple, tasty and healthy soup.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Potato - 2
Carrot - 1
Onion - 1
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Butter - 2 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peels of Potato, Carrot and Onion and wash well and chop well and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan and add Butter and heat well.
- To this add chopped Garlic and saute it well.
- Then add chopped Onion and add Salt and saute well for sometimes.
- Then add chopped Potato and chopped Carrot and mix well and saute well for 5 minutes.
- To this add Turmeric Powder and Black Pepper Powder and mix well.
- Pour Water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook well under medium flame.
- Mash Potato, Carrot and Onion well with a wooden ladle.
- Make it thick as desired and add Cumin Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve hot.
- To get more thickness and creamy effect make Potato, Carrot and Onion paste.
- You can use White Pepper Powder instead of using Black Pepper Powder.
- Turmeric Powder is an optional ingredient so you can use it if you want but it helps to get good and natural Yellow colour.
- Ghee or Olive Oil is also useful instead of using Butter.
- To get better taste and smell cook vegetables with Chicken Stock and also get the benefits of both vegetables and non-vegetables.
- To get rich soup use Fresh Cream and get creamy effect.
- You can change the quantity of Pepper Powder, Salt and Cumin Seeds Powder as per your taste.
- To get freshness use a little Coriander Leaves.