Mutton is very tasty non-vegetarian item like Beef and Pork. Mutton is very costly item comparing other non-vegetarian items. Mutton dishes are mainly using for Wedding, Birthday, Ester and Christmas celebrations. We can make different tasty dishes with this and many dishes are available in hotels. This contains fat inside so it will have really good taste. Mutton is very soft meat and its softness will increase when we cook it. I made Mutton Pepper Gravy today and it is very tasty and my favourite dish. I would like to have this dish with Mashed Tapioca, Chapati and Appam. You can use it with any food which you like. Mutton dishes are very good for the health of human heart. I used pressure cooker for reducing the cooking time. Its taste is different and it will have the mixed flavour of Cumin Seeds Powder, Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder. This is little bit spicy dish and it can make very easily. It will have thick gravy and this recipe is very useful for everybody especially those who likes Mutton dishes.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 40 Minutes
Mutton - 500 gm
Onion - 2
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 piece ( 1/2 inch lengthy)
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Vegetable Oil - 2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Cut Mutton as small pieces and wash it well for 3 or 4 times and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin of Onion and wash well and slice it thin.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add sliced Onion, chopped Tomato, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Salt and pour some Water and make thick and fine paste.
- Heat a pressure cooker and heat Vegetable Oil into this.
- Add Cumin Seeds into this and fry it well.
- Then add Cardamom and Cumin Sticks and fry well.
- To this add Ginger Paste and Garlic Paste and saute well.
- Add thick Masala paste into this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add Mutton pieces to this and add Salt to taste and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Pour enough Water to this and cover it and cook it under medium flame.
- Open it when pressure released completely and keep it under medium flame.
- To this add Black Pepper Powder, Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Make it thick as desired and add Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and mix well again and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with Bread, Appam, Chapati and Rice.
- To remove the bad smells of Mutton wash it with Vinegar or Water.
- To increase the tastes of this dish add fried Cloves.
- To get good taste and colour use roasted Coriander Seeds and dried Red Chilli to make paste.
- You can use Coconut Oil instead Vegetable Oil.
- You can splutter Mustard Seeds if you need.