Today, I would like to share another tasty combination through this dish. I made this tasty stir fry with Beef and Chines Potato. These two ingredients are really tasty so this dish also will have amazing taste. Many people tried this dish and taste will be different based on the ingredients. This is completely traditional vegetarian and non-vegetarian dish. I like this kind of dishes so I am trying new combinations. This combination is one famous South Indian dish. I used natural and traditional ingredients to make this stir fry. This is little bit spicy dish with the flavour of masala. I used pressure cooker to reduce the cooking time of Beef. I used Black Pepper Powder as the main spice for this dish. Chinese Potato is super combination with Beef. It is an excellent combination with hot plain Rice for lunch.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 500 gm
Chinese Potato - 250 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Shallots - 10
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 3 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Cut Beef as small pieces and put it in a big bowl and wash it well with Water for 2 or 3 times and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of Chinese Potato and wash well and slice it lengthy.
- Remove the peels of both Shallots and Onion and wash well and chop well.
- Wash Green Chilli and chop it well.
- Take a pressure cooker and put Beef Pieces, chopped Ginger, chopped Garlic, chopped Shallots, chopped Onion, chopped Green Chilli, Turmeric Powder, Salt, some Curry Leaves and Water and mix well.
- Cover the cooker with lid and cook it half.
- Add sliced Chinese Potato into this and mix well.
- Cover it again and cook both well (don't overcook) and leave it sometimes to release pressure completely.
- Then open it and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds into this.
- Add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add Red Chilli Powder, Black Pepper Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and saute well for sometimes.
- Add cooked Beef and Chinese Potato into this and mix well.
- Then add Curry Leaves Powder and enough Salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder into this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and serve it in a serving bowl with Rice and Appam.