We can make many dishes with Tender Jackfruit. I made many dishes with this by using South Indians and North Indians. But mainly Jackfruit and Tender Jackfruit are used by Keralites. Today I made spicy less Tender Jackfruit stir fry. This is one healthy dish because it contains Tender Jackfruit. I like Jackfruit dishes very much so I made it today. It is an excellent combination with hot plain Rice with Sambar. This is completely traditional dish so it will be very useful those who likes traditional dishes. This is Tender Jackfruit season so we can make many dishes with this season. Here I used Black Pepper Powder and White Pepper Powder as spices. Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds and Pepper Powder are the good combination. We can make it with very easily at home. I used limited ingredients to make this stir fry. I love this dish very much so I am really happy to share this to all.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Tender Jackfruit - 1
Onion - 2
Garlic Cloves - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1 Pinch
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Peel the skin of Tender Jackfruit and wash well and cut it as small cubes.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it thin.
- Wash Garlic Cloves well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder, chopped Garlic, sliced Onion, Curry Leaves, Salt and a little Water and crush it well.
- Take a pressure cooker and add pieces of Tender Jackfruit and Salt to taste and pour enough Water for cooking.
- Cover it with lid and cook it well and keep it aside for sometimes to release pressure completely.
- Add this cooked Tender Jackfruit in a grinder and crush it well.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil into this and splutter Mustard Seeds in this.
- Add chopped Shallots into this and fry it.
- To this add crushed grated Coconut mixture and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Then add cooked and crushed Tender Jackfruit into this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add White Pepper Powder to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and stir occasionally.
- Add Asafoetida Powder to this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice.
- To get exact taste of this dish, don't overcook Tender Jackfruit.
- You can add Green Chilli if you need.
- Garlic is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you can.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil instead Coconut Oil. I used Coconut Oil to get traditional taste.
- If you need more Yellow colour add more Turmeric Powder.
- To get good taste smell add 2 dried Red Chilli.