We can make variety tasty dishes with Egg and so many people are using Egg dishes in the world. It can be used from breakfast to dinner. Many dishes are available in hotels and restaurants. Its price will be less comparing other non-vegetarian dishes. Egg dishes can make very easily but its taste will be really good. I like Egg dishes very much so I am trying to make many dishes with this. Egg stir fry, Egg Coconut stir fry, Egg Pickle and Egg Salad are my favourite dishes. Egg dishes are mostly used by children. It will be there in every house so we can make dishes with this at anytime. We can make Egg curry by using different methods. South Indian Masala and North Indian Masala are very different so taste also will be different. Today, I made it by using South Indian style. It is completely Kerala Style dish. I used Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder to get variety taste. It is having good taste and smell and I like to use it with Rice for lunch. This is medium spicy dish so it can use everyone including children. This is having thick gravy and I used all natural ingredients.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Egg - 5
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 2 Pieces (1/2 inch lengthy)
Cloves - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking.
- Pour Water in a pan and make it boil well.
- Add Salt into this and add Egg to this and cover it with lid and cook or boil it well.
- Put this boiled Egg in cold Water to cool well remove the outer shell and keep it in a bowl.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Green Chilli and some Curry Leaves and pour a little Water and make it thick paste.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it thin.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- Then add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry well.
- Add Cardamom, Cinnamon Stick and Cloves into this and fry well.
- Then add Curry Leaves and sliced Onion and Salt to taste and saute it well until Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute well for sometimes.
- Add grated Coconut paste into this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add Salt to taste and pour enough Water into this and boil it well.
- Then add boiled Eggs to this and mix well and cover it and make it thick as desired under medium flame.
- Pour Coconut Milk to this and mix well.
- Then add Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire when it boils well and mix well again.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fresh Curry Leaves and serve it hot with Chapati, Bread, Rice and Appam.
- Put Eggs into boiled Water to cook otherwise it will break.
- Eggs will not break if you brush some Oil on it before cooking or boiling.
- To get good taste add sliced Tomato to this.
- Its taste will increase if use only Shallots instead Onion.
- You can use Garam Masala Powder instead Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder.
- You can adjust the quantity of Masala powders based on your taste.
- To get good smell and taste add some Coriander Leaves.